You may be familiar with the Neteller name when browsing some of the top NZ online casinos sites, but for many people, Neteller is an unfamiliar product. Classified as an e-money transfer service, Neteller is used by people all around the world to send and receive funds, especially in the online casino world. Most of the best NZ online casinos offer Neteller as a payment method, so let’s check it out and see whether it is worth using as your preferred way to bank.
What is Neteller?
Neteller is a payment platform founded way back in 1999 that is used to send and receive money electronically. Currently owned by Paysafe Group (who are also the owners of Skrill), Neteller is very well-known in the online casino industry since they have been providing their services to online gaming since 2000.
How Does it Work?
Neteller is similar to many online payment platforms that act as the middle man between merchants and customers. In a nutshell, Neteller processes payments and allows its users to access monies in 29 different currencies. Opening a Neteller account is completely free, but there is also a premium option for users that want extras such as higher transfer limits amongst other bonuses.
When it comes to using Neteller there are a bunch of positive points that you should consider. These include:
- It’s super easy to open an account. All you have to do is provide your email address, answer a few personal questions, and then you are ready to upload funds into your account. You don’t even have to have a bank account to use Neteller. All you need is a VISA, Mastercard, or other e-wallet and you can add money to your Neteller account.
- Like Skrill, Neteller is an extremely secure payment method with many anti-fraud practices in place to protect your money from hackers and scammers.
- Your money can be sent instantly, which means no waiting around for funds to clear before you can enjoy all of the fun that your chosen online casino offers. You can play your online casino games of choice such as Blackjack right away!
- Some top NZ online casinos (such as Betway) will also let you withdraw money via Neteller. Although not instantaneous, this is a great way to manage all of your incoming and outgoing funds since they will all be coming from one account.
Points to Consider
Neteller does have some drawbacks to consider before you decide to this payment method, but depending on your circumstances they may not apply to how you will use your Neteller account.
- Neteller charges a fee when you add money to your account. This fee can vary depending on the payment method, but for most of the popular choices, it will be 2.5%.
- You won’t be able to access any localised customer support since there is no NZ presence, but you can access support via telephone.
- Your chosen online casino may also charge fees to withdraw via Neteller, so it is best to read all of the terms and conditions regarding their banking methods before deciding to use Neteller.
Why You Should Use It
Neteller is a wonderful payment option for online casino users that are looking for a no-nonsense way to get funds into their online casino account quickly. With minimal fees, no account costs, and the ability to use dozens of ways to add money to your account, Neteller is a great option for any NZ casino player.
For more industry news and bonus offers related to NZ online casinos remember to check out Casino Billions regularly to stay up to date.