Skrill is one of the most common banking methods available in top NZ online casinos, but for many people, it is an unknown product. Although not a traditional bank, this payment service is used by thousands of people around the world and it is a great option when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money online. It is accepted in most online casinos, so let’s take a look at what it is, how it works, and why you should give it a shot.
What is Skrill?
Skrill is a payment platform that allows its users to transfer money across the world in many different currencies. Originally known as Moneybrooks, the company was started way back in 2001 and has since grown to over 500 employees with a revenue of over 500 million dollars.
How Does it Work?
Skrill works similarly to other money transfer companies. You can open a Skrill account, send money to it, and from there you can use your Skrill balance to transfer money in over 40 currencies around the world. It’s free to open an account and free to send money too, but there are fees associated with it if you wish to send one form or currency to another.
Positives of Skrill
There are many reasons as to why Skrill is a popular payment method for NZ online casinos.
- You don’t have to send money from a bank account to use Skrill. All you have to have is a debit card with the desired amount you want to deposit and then you can add it to your online casino of choice.
- It is highly secure with an anti-fraud team that protects every transaction just in case something goes wrong.
- You can send and receive money instantly, which means that you won’t have to wait around for your money to clear before you can play pokies, craps, or other online casino games.
- There are Skrill cards available where you can spend your funds in person and take out cash from an ATM.
- Most top NZ online casinos won’t pass on any fees when accepting Skrill and at Dunder Casino, you will also be able to withdraw your money using the service as well.
Points to Consider
Like with any banking methods there are some not so positive points to consider, but depending on your needs they might not bother you at all.
- Skrill charges a 3.99% fee when converting money, but since you are a kiwi playing in an NZ online casino you won’t have to worry about this.
- Customer support isn’t local to NZ shores, but since the company has a global presence you will be able to speak to a relevant support agent 24/7 via telephone.
- Depending on what online casino you choose there might be some extra feeds involved with withdrawing your winnings via Skrill. To double-check, remember to read the complete terms and conditions before you make your first deposit.
Why You Should Use It
Skrill is a fantastic option for online casino lovers looking for an instant way to transfer funds to your casino and to also withdraw your winnings when the time is right. Making an account with Skrill is completely free and they can be made any time of the day all year round.
For more news and bonus offers related to NZ online casinos remember to visit us here at Casino Billions regularly to stay up to date.